Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Test Ride: Aveo

GM back in biz!!

After Optra they are here with Aveo in Chevorlot kitty.

The outer look and feel is good, with mid-segment touch.

The leg space is good both in front and rear and the dashboard is jazzy.

The inner holds a sporty look and interiors along with MP3 player and AC flaps looks attractive.

Now the ride:
I tested 1.4L LS variant and the pick up was good .I could not try 0-100 kmph due to rush hour time around 5 in delhi..Even though I was oon ring road,I cud do 0-80 and that took me around 10 secs. So 12 should be for 0-100.The cut is smooth and the needles are in straight line of drivers eye,so less of diversion while driving.

AC seemed effective and engine noise was almost absent.

The gear head is traditional one,they say GM provides like one though I didnt liked it,I did not found shifting of gears that smooth and here i remembered Maruti Swift which has far better gear than this US car.
The car overall can be rated as a good car though I would be finding myself little reluctant moving it to great category.
I would definately reccomend it to young people who are looking for combo of power and comfort in mid-segment. A good car to drive in city and they claim an average mileage of 14kmpl in city.Sounds good.

Now the price:
1.4L LS will cost you around 6.4L on road in delhi.
If you want to avail loan,I can even give you rough costing.
With a down payment of around 1.6L, it wil cost Rs.11500 as EMI for 5 years.

With the current costing and features ,it is a worth buy and it definately leaves its competitor like Ford Fiesta,Accent behind.

With GM stopping sales of Corsa in India ,Aveo sales looks optimistic. The near competitor is going be Verna ,which Hyundai is launching soon,depnds on the car.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»