Thursday, September 11, 2008

Citibank-- Bank which always sleeps

Citi- Never sleeps!! That is what they claim....
But if you happen to go their branch, things are found to be opposite.
It took Citibank,Pune- 2 hours to make my DD. I went early to avoid rush and was there at 10.30am sharp, submitted my form.
Upfront I was told, it wil take 1 hour to make it. Man I was surprised, even our sarkari banks like SBI or BOB issue DD within 15 minutes. Anyways, thought maybe that the cost i have to pay as a customer of large'global' bank.
Only to realise that even after 1.5hrs of waiting, they were not aware of status when asked. Front desk lady told me that it is getting done( as if someone is getting ready for marriage).
Finally when I told them in clear sharp words, they called up someone to get the DD, after waiting for another 30mins, DD came down.
What a pathetic bank man... had it not been my corporate account, I would have closed my account then and there.

No comments: