Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Catching the Mindshare..

I am not a movie freak but last Sunday ,my cousins wanted me to come along,so we decided to watch KAAL!!

The movie turned up to 3 hour of Ad show...this is how!!

The very theme and shoot of the movie reminded me as if I am watching National Geography channel in a multiplex. And very soon I cud actually see a CD case handed over to the hero with National Geography written on it..
The scene started with focus (with zoom) at SONY logo on the lapi..
The hero ,apna John A.. talked to Esha with his Timex watch facing the audience...

Then came the sound of engine throttle ...no it was not John on his Dhoom bike...but Vivek driving rather speeding new Endeavour SUV... With all its features shot for next 15 min showing throttle...accerelation and style ... three ad were easily covered,...
As the movie progress u can notice different brands if not Tigers(anyways...there are hardly 15 tigers left in tht sanctuary... Save Tiger..k here goes the campiagn of WWF )..
I cud not follow the movie but was able to map fundas I came across in Advertisement,sales and promotion lectures.....most of them were correctly mapped..

This is not new trend which 1 can see...i rem Taal( wat a coincidence..) where Coke helped 2 hearts to romance and make Akshay heart Thanda...!!

With competition heating up, getting the mindshare is getting so tough that advertisers have started looking for eevery possible means now...including films..
The day is not far, when u can even see actors actually doing the ad as dialogues in the movie..
and tht will defn make viewers keep their mind back home...

Did I said something like getting the Mind share in the starting.!!

No comments: