Friday, August 22, 2008

LinkedIn- A new connection

I have been on linkedin for more the year now and really like this networking site.
Though social networking is booming like anything but I really find many of them without a purpose.
Facebook , though it is very famous but I dont find it interesting. After all, why should I go every time and then and update what am I doing for play some childish games with people on networks. And more over, why should it be seen by others.. Come on Man, I have my personal life too. So, I have deleted my profile from there.
Orkut.... well it is fine..but I have gone little back foot on that too. I guess it is popular for collegians.
So, I feel there are two clear segments emerging for social networking and new ventures need to really focus on just one of them..you go for both and you will go bust soon.
One segment is clear youth or people with strong need for personal profiling. Hi5, facebook, orkut..all cashing on it
Second is more professional, like linkedIn... which focus on business side of things.. you have these interesting interactive answer sessions, and options to network with people across globe.
One good thing I like is security and layers to avoid people sending spam request..
So, just before I sign off for this note, let me remove one layer and invite people interested to share their views with me on linkedin.

No comments: